- Register for Computer Skills Classes at the Wilkes Library. This class will help you meet your computer-related goals. Sessions are from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. on August 11 and 18. Call 336.838.2818 – Option 2 to reserve your spot.
- Chix with Sticks (guys are welcome) meet at 5:00 p.m. every Tuesday for crocheting and knitting fun! All skill levels.
- If quiet reading ‘with atmosphere’ is your thing, check out The Silent Book Club, 5:30 p.m. on August 3, at Dom Bakeries.
- VAYA Health will be leading a program on coping techniques for depression and anxiety from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on August 6, at Wilkes Library.
- Wilkes Friends of the Library will hold their monthly book sale at 611 Cherry Street. Stop by and shop for good books at cheap prices! The sale begins from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. on August 12 and continues from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on August 13 and 14.
- Talking Service Book Club is for veterans, as well as their families, friends, service providers, and caregivers. This hybrid group meets at 10:00 a.m. on August 13, in Wilkes Library and via Zoom.
- The Library Book Club meets at 4:00 p.m. on August 17 to discuss Elin Hilderbrand’s book, 28 Summers. Copies available at the library. New faces and Friends are always welcome.
- The Wilkes Genealogical Society meets at 5:30 p.m. on August 23 in the library’s Local History and Genealogy Room. New members and visitors are welcome.
- The Wilkes Library Jam Band will be at Traphill Branch from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on August 28. Old-time, bluegrass, and country music. All pickers and grinners are welcome!