All libraries in the Appalachian Regional Library system are closed to the public and public services staff until further notice. More information about services that are available are posted on each library’s page (see tabs below). Curbside pick-up has been cancelled through the end of April. Check your local library's website, Facebook page, or give them a call and leave a message for additional information. Please stay safe and well!
We have the equipment to help you accomplish many of your technology-related goals, and if you need assistance, we also have awesome librarians who can assist you!
Our computer lab is equipped with fifteen desktop computers, and we have five additional computers on the upper level of the library. We also have seven laptops available for in-library use only. All of our computers are equipped with Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2018, and wired internet access. Adult card holders and guests are welcome to use any of these computers during the library's hours of operation. A library card or guest pass (available at the Information Desk on the upper level) is required for computer use, and patrons are required to agree to the library's Computer and Internet Use Policy before using library computers or connecting to the library's wireless internet network.
Printers, Copiers, Fax, and Scanners
Patrons have access to two printers, two copiers, a fax machine, two flatbed scanners, and an overhead scanner. Costs for printing are 10¢ per page for black-and-white and 50¢ per page for color. Copies may only be made in black-and-white and cost 10¢ per page. Cost for faxing is $1.50 per page. There is no cost for scanning.
Wireless Internet Access
Follow the instructions below to print from your personal laptop within the confines of the library.
- Visit the link above and download the installation file for your Windows or Apple computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, open it to install the LPT:One Print client.
- Once it runs, you will see Black and White and Color Printers installed under your Printers and Faxes.
- Bring up the document you wish to print. Click print and select Black and White or Color.
- Type in your user ID or name when prompted (this can be your name or library card number, just make sure to remember what you typed as you will need it to retrieve the print job).
- Visit the downstairs check-out desk or the upstairs self-release print terminal to pay for and pick up your print job.
Book a Tech Librarian
Don't let technology get you down. Bring your laptop, tablet, e-reader, or mobile device, or borrow one of the library's laptops for a one-hour session on setting up an email account, downloading ebooks, creating a basic resume, learning graphic design principles, and more! Call 336.846.2041 x111 or email us today to make an appointment with one of our friendly information wizards.