Appalachian Regional Library is now offering curbside pick-up services at all locations. Please check each library’s webpage to see available hours. We hope you have been safe and well while we’ve been closed, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
The Watauga County Public Library has a computer lab available to the public, from library opening until 15 minutes before closing time (Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. and Friday - Saturday 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.).
- Windows PCs
- Microsoft Office
- Free Internet access on library computers
- Free Wireless Internet
- Printing is available: 10 cents per page for black-and-white, 50 cents per page for color prints.
- Photocopies, 10 cents each
- Fax service (outgoing) is available, $1.50 per page, with one free cover sheet included.
Book a Librarian
Do you need help learning about computers or a Microsoft Office program? Perhaps you have a digital device (eReader, tablet, laptop, or smart phone) and need help getting started with it? Don’t worry - we all do!
The Library's Adult Services Staff are available BY APPOINTMENT to assist with learning new technology devices. Call (828) 264-8784 ext. 2, to make an appointment for one-on-one help, or e-mail us directly through our contact form [to Adult Services] and we'll learn together!
To print from your personal laptop from within the confines of the Watauga County Library, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the link above and download the install for your Windows or MAC computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, open it to install the LPT:One Print client.
- Once it runs, you will see Black and White and Color Printers installed under your Printers and Faxes.
- Bring up the document you wish to print. Hit print and select Black and White or Color.
- Type in your user ID/name when prompted (this can be your name or library card number, just make sure you remember what you typed, it will be needed to retrieve the print job).
- Visit the reference desk to pay for and pick up your print job.