JOB TITLE: Outreach Specialist
REPORTS TO: Circulation Manager
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
STARTING SALARY: $10.96 hourly / 24 hours weekly
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An employee in this position is responsible for providing library outreach services to aged (60 years and older), physically handicapped, and homebound citizens, individually and in group settings.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
1. Drives vehicle throughout county to scheduled stops
2. Selects books and other library materials based on individual interests of clientele
3. Performs all circulation functions
4. Responsible for maintenance of Outreach Services vehicle
5. Responsible for planning, implementing, and delivering programming to OR patrons as time
6. Provides outreach programming in conjunction with other library departments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with the public and other employees
Ability to use a computer
Ability to learn library procedures
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Considerable knowledge of the reading levels and interests of OR patrons
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
Completion of at least two (2) years of college and three (3) years of public library experience
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: March 10 – June 30. Depending on the 20-21 budget, this position will either continue as is, or be replaced by a full time Outreach position.
FOR CONSIDERATION: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to smoore(at)arlibrary(dot)org.