Appalachian Regional Library is now offering curbside pick-up services at all locations. Please check each library’s webpage to see available hours. We hope you have been safe and well while we’ve been closed, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
The Library has 18 computers for public use and free Free WiFi is available. Call the reference desk for information about WiFi, laptops, e-readers, and other one-on-one assistance 838-2818 ext 236.
Technology Available to Checkout
Kindle Fire tablets
Technology Available within the Library
The Wilkes County Public Library has 18 computers for public use, laptops for teens and adults, Kindle Fire tablets preloaded with books and games for children, digital scanners, copiers, fax machines AND a friendly staff to assist with use.
Contact the Wilkes County Public Library for staff assistance with technology and computers. We encourage you to "book a librarian" by calling 838-2818 ext 232.
- Visit the link above and down the install for your Windows or MAC computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, open it to install the LPT:One Print client.
- Once it runs, you will see Black and White and Color Printers installed under your Printers and Faxes.
- Bring up the document you wish to print. Hit print and select Black and White or Color.
- Type in your user ID when prompted (this can be your name or library card number, just make sure you remember what you typed, it will be needed to retrieve the print job).
- Visit the downstairs check-out desk or the upstairs self release print terminal to pay for and pick up your print job.
Please keep in mind that some computers may be unable to communicate with the printer due to age or high security.